Start your day with protein for breakfast. The first meal of the day sets your body up for either a day of fat burning or fat storage.
- A bowl of boxed cereal (I don’t care how healthy it claims to be) will set you up for a day of fat storage, while a spinach omelet will set you up for fat burning!
- Avoid sugars as much as possible by choosing eggs, oatmeal with nuts and berries, a hardboiled egg and an apple, and apple or banana with peanut butter.
- Increase your vegetable intake.
- Good healthy fats are flax, olive oil and avocado – these food are allowed.
- Fruit is good for you but only in controlled amounts. Too much can have wave effects on your blood sugar levels which will play havoc with your thyroid and fat loss plan.
- Any large fluctuations in blood sugar and consequently insulin can lead to more serious problems than having a bit of extra flab. The insulin rollercoaster caused by too many sugary substances (natural or not) can eventually lead to diabetic conditions.
- Limit fruit intake to 2-3 pieces per day, choosing berries where possible.
- Include a source of complete protein such as tuna, egg or chicken with each meal in order to maximize the thermic effect of what you are eating and supply your muscles with a constant source of protein.
- The final piece of the nutrition plan is controlling carbohydrates which can supersonic fat loss results. To do this you will need to restrict complex carbohydrate intake to only the meals after a workout session.
- Drink lots of water!
|You must always eat a protein when eating a carbohydrate!
|Strawberries and blueberries mixed with nuts and Greek Yogurt or Scrambled eggs with fruit or Greek Yogurt
|Salad with chicken and all the vegetables you want. Balsamic dressing or extra virgin olive oil
|Burger with a sweet potato or a vegetable
|Protein Bar (Clif Bars)
|Banana w/Peanut Butter
|Kefir or a Greek yogurt
|Fruit (fresh or frozen)
|Ground Flax Seed
|Natural Whey Protein
|Mix up in a blender – add ice if you want it thicker
|Drink this as a meal with some nuts for protein
Eating healthy is half the battle, the other half is incorporating daily exercise into your routine. Do at least 60 minutes of cardio a day and 3 days a week of strength training. Mix-it up with running, walking, elliptical, cycling, rowing machine and stairclimber. Jillian Michael’s workout videos is an all around full body workout with resistance training and cardio.
If you follow my meal plan and my workout plan, you will be on your way to a healthier lifestyle!